Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Big Day

We've had quite a week in our family. Not only did Wiggle Man turn the big 0-2, but tonight Hubba Hubba will add another title to his name. Hubba Hubba is many things: Husband (obviously), Father, Son, Brother, Friend, Killer of Spiders and Other Unidentified Crawlies...but tonight, he adds Pastor.

Tonight, surrounded by friends and family, Hubba Hubba will be ordained as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament. In a way, it's the culmination of a journey that began when he was in high school, got detoured for a bit, and began again one fall night as we sat in his car and he told me he felt called to ministry. I knew then that one day we'd be here--he'd be ordained, and we'd be preparing to start serving a church--our new family in Virginia. (Still working on a blog nickname, guys.)


So, babe--congratulations. I plan on telling you this about a million more times today, but I'm so proud of you.

2 comments:

My Heart said...

Yay and congratulations to your husband! I would be proud too! My husband is in his second year of Bible Training Center at our church!

Congratulations again!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am so happy for you! It has been a long journey, hasn't it?