Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Detours

It seems my life is filled with detours. You'd think I'd be used to them by now. Most of them have brought the most amazing blessings into my life; yet here I am, at another one, finding myself anxious and restless. Sometimes I wish God provided maps. Or GPS units. Something.

A detour brought me here, where I met Hubba Hubba. A detour took him to a different seminary than we would have planned, but it's been such an awesome (and sometimes trying, I'll admit) experience. Another detour brought us Wiggle Man. (Although, honestly, that was a planned detour. A decision to veer off course and explore the back roads.) And now we're in the middle of another one, waiting to see where God will take us next. Are we staying here for a little while? Is Hubba Hubba getting a church, or some other job in the denomination, or something completely different? Which, if any, of the bagillion things I'd like to do (musically speaking) will I end up doing?

Maybe this isn't a detour, after all. Maybe it's just a break at a rest stop, to stretch our legs and get ready for what's next. Hmm...I think I'll get a cheeseburger.

No comments: