Monday, June 9, 2008

Random

Well, the heat wave continues, with schools actually letting out early due to the heat. Not that this in any way affects me, but it gives you an idea of how hot it is. I think we're looking at 99 F tomorrow, or something close to it. With the heat index, that means HOT!

Yesterday I was worried I was raising "that kid." You know, the kid that ONLY eats chicken nuggets. Not that that's the worst thing in the world--my brother was "that kid" and grew up to be a fairly good eater. (It's weird to talk about a 25 year-old as a "good eater", but there it is.)

Wiggle Man would only eat yogurt. And sweet potato puffs. I saw the next 10 years of my life in two ways: nightly dinnertime showdowns, or nuggets everywhere. Thankfully, today I discovered he will eat different foods--as long as I put it on a piece of bread. Why, I have no idea. But it seems to be working. A small spoonful of whatever I'm trying to feed him on a tiny square of bread, and he eats it up. So bizarre.

Anyway, things are cooling off for the night, and I'm going to go read. I probably shouldn't complain about the heat, what with the flooding in the mid-west. For my online girls who are dealing with that--be safe!

No comments: