Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

We all have 'em. I probably have more than my share, but meh. Then I thought, hey...if you tell everyone your guilty pleasures, they're not so guilty anymore. Confession is good for the soul. I started thinking about this the other day when Hubba Hubba noticed I was watching Reba. I used to watch it because when you don't have cable, it's Reba or Oprah at 4 pm. I pick Reba. But the more I watch it, the more hilarious it is. In fact, even Hubba Hubba laughed out loud at some of those crazy Hart family antics.

Napping during the day is another fabulous thing to do when Wiggle Man lets me. Ditto for reading. Alright, anything that isn't housework is great to do in the afternoon! Watching several episodes of Friends in a row may seem like a waste of time, but it's an indulgent waste of time. Actually, it comes in quite handy when you're playing Scene It! Friends edition.

Chocolate is a whole category of guilty pleasure. My current favourite is dark chocolate covered peanuts. In fact, there's a bag on the computer desk right now. They constituted "lunch" when I added some cherries. With a big glass of water for my health.

I could go on and on, but I'm going to go be productive, and practice my stuff for Children of Eden, our family's current obsession. (Wiggle Man and Hubba Hubba will both be in the show, so it really is a family affair.) If you're local, talk to me about tickets!

2 comments:

Sky said...

I love Reba too! That and still standing. Johnny watches Reba and laughs his little hiney off!

Anonymous said...

Have to admit it...I'm an Oprah girl!