Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Food Hangovers

Can someone tell me if "food hangover" is an official term? Because if not, it needs to be. That is totally what I experienced this morning. Now, let me be clear--I've never had an actual hangover, being pure as the driven snow like I am. Ahem. But from what I've seen on sitcoms (a wealth of sociological study there) my symptoms were similar. That general, overall gross feeling, headache, aversion to food...no light sensitivity, though.

Let me paint you a picture of my wild and crazy night. We had another rehearsal for Children of Eden. The show is finally starting to come together in bits and pieces. A bunch of us went out for wings after rehearsal, to celebrate my birthday. I'm not sure if it was the wings that did it, or the fries, or the chocolate cake they made me order, so they could sing to me. We closed the place down, and stuffed, we stumbled to our cars.

That leads us back to this morning, and my food hangover. Of course, it was all worth it. Teriyaki wings and chocolate cake are always worth any next morning queasiness.

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I could go for some of that right now and would risk the hangover!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Teriyaki wings and chocolate cake...what a combination! LOL! I hope you enjoyed your b-day and hope the hangover was worth it. Hehe