Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reasons to Not Cook

The title of this post is probably a little misleading--I actually enjoy cooking. One of the reasons I was glad to be done with the show was to be able to cook dinner for my family, and eat it together!

Evidently, I forgot a few things during my hiatus from chef-dom. Mainly, I forgot how to put things into, and take them out of the oven safely. I have two huge burns on my arm, from two separate meals. Does anyone know if oven gloves exist that will cover me up to my elbows? I think that might offer me just enough protection. Perhaps I should just rig myself up in full firefighter gear. I'll have to check with the in laws on that.

I'd love to take a picture to show you the extent of my clumsiness, but my camera has officially died. Kaput. No workie no more. So you'll just have to take my word for it--they're lovely burns. Blistery, red, owie burns. (Boo-urns. Literally.)

So, while I'm camera-less for a while, until I dig up some moola to go buy me a fancy new one, I AM the proud new owner of a video camera. Whether or not you see video posts will entirely depend on my skill as a camera woman, and my ability to upload to the computer. Hmmm..this could take awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your burns heal soon. ((HUGS))