Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Really Wouldn't Change A Thing

So, I just finished reading MckMama's post today about giving ourselves a measure of grace when it comes to our children. Allowing them to have messy faces, and stained shirts, and hair that occasionally sticks up.

So many times over the last few days, it seems like God has been reminding me just how blessed I am. I'm not where I thought I would be in my life. There's a lot I haven't accomplished yet--things I always thought I'd do, places I always thought I'd go.

But I really wouldn't change a thing.

I love chasing Wiggle Man around the house, listening to him shriek with laughter. I love cleaning peanut butter off his face. I love having kissy fights with him, even if it means getting drooled on.

I love being Hubba Hubba's wife--he's amazing. I love talking with him--about anything or nothing. Sometimes both at once.

This year I want to take the time to really savour these things. When it's 2 pm and I'm still in my jammies with horrendous hair and no make-up, and someone pulls in my driveway, I'm going to remember that I still love this life. And then I'll hope I can get my teeth brushed before I have to answer the door.

No comments: