Friday, December 5, 2008

All quiet on the western front...

Nothing new has happened lately, in terms of our proposed work in Kenya. We're still waiting on paperwork to be sent to our church from Kenya. So we wait. I hate waiting. I had this conversation with a good friend last night...waiting sucks.

I am, however, learning things as we wait. I'm learning that I have much to learn. I tend to think I have a pretty open mind, and a good understanding of other cultures, but all it takes is a visit from a Kenyan friend to remind me that I'm still stuck in my own upbringing.

I'm learning to focus on what God has given me to do now instead of planning all the things I'll do for Him later. Surely He has more in mind for our family right now than just twiddling our thumbs waiting for Kenya. So, I look into the adorable face of my "mission field" these days--Wiggle Man--and teach him the things he needs to learn to grow into the man God has planned for him.

If we're living in the past, or waiting for the future, we can miss out on what God has for us today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think they are actually sending the paperwork? Maybe I could help you reinforce the importance of sending it? Just a thought, of course if there are any Western folks around they will send it as soon as possible.