Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Once again, Monday has rolled around. But, with Monday comes...Not Me! Monday, the fabulous blog carnival started by MckMama. So head on over to her blog to check out her NM!M post, and don't forget that Mr. Linky will have a HUGE list of other bloggers participating. Plus, you can also see how close to the top I made it. (Last week I was #83--shooting for top 50 this week!)

This week I did not cut my finger on the blender. You might be thinking that would be a relatively understandable thing to do, what with the sharp blades, and all. If I did it. Which I didn't. But, being the queen of grace and lightness that I am, I certainly didn't injure myself on the plastic handle. Yes, the plastic handle. Good thing I didn't do that.

Along those same graceful lines, I did not manage to also twist my ankle this week. If I had twisted my ankle it would certainly have happened while doing something awe-inspiring--perhaps rock climbing, or taking Wiggle Man on a nature hike, or in tap lessons. Something. Anything. It's definitely a good thing I didn't twist it doing something silly like trying to scratch the bottom of one foot with the big toe of the other.

While packing this week, I did not repeatedly refer to the packing tape dispenser as "the son of Lucifer." This had nothing to do with the fact that this tape dispenser mangled the tape every other time you used it. Also, it was red.

I did not actually get excited when Wiggle Man pooped in the bath tub the other night. I was not excited to have a chance to actually show him his poop to get him thinking about potties.

I did not just blog about poop.

I did not buy cinnamon rolls to bake this morning because a snow storm was coming. I do not celebrate snow days as "random Sabbaths." I do not think they deserve special meals, and lots of relaxing. I totally agree with Hubba Hubba that we should spend the day packing.*

Also, I have not viewed packing as an opportunity to live in Hubba Hubba's sweatshirts.

Anyway, I'm off to bake cinnamon rolls. What did you not do this week?

*If you're not a regular reader, check out this post to see why we're packing, but not moving.

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

It's fun to have excuses to wear big sweatshirts! Your blender and ankle accidents sound like something I would do! Or, NOT do, I mean. ;-)

Wayne said...

I would like to invite you to take part in my new post called Tell a joke Tuesday. you can either tell a joke or a funny story that has happend to you or a friend ths week. it has mr linky so the world can view your joke or story. I hope you will take part

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am sorry, but i *totally* laughed at you twisting your ankle scratching yourself- that was inspired!
Cinnamon rolls? trying to kill me here!?!?