Thursday, March 19, 2009

Safe and Sound

The last, final bit of our stuff is on its way out of our old house. Read this for a refresher on why we've been packing to move nowhere.

One of the biggest, and most stressful things to move was my piano. Yup, my baby grand had been next door for over a year. And while walking across the driveway to play it was not that big a deal, I've been so excited about having it over here.

I had big plans for photographing the whole move. Big plans. You would have been astounded. Even more astounded than you likely already are at my extensive use of italics in this post. Alas, a sick mommy and a very active, curious toddler meant we were staying far away from the piano moving shenanigans.

Hubba Hubba has been planning the big musical move all week. Because my piano was in the basement. And it doesn't fit up the stairs. So we had to get it out the same way we got it in.
I won't go into details, because frankly--I don't have the brain to understand the mechanics of it all.

Here's what I know: Between the removable floor and the drop ceiling, a gigantic hole was opened up. Pulleys were attached to beams in the attic. Chains extended down to the basement. Piano movers prepared my baby, getting her legless and all wrapped up. Then Hubba Hubba hoisted her up through the ceiling.

Wiggle Man and I were at my mother-in-law's where the Wiggle could keep out of everyone's way. Unfortunately, this meant my camera was also out of the way.

I did get some pictures after Wiggle Man and I got back. I think he has potential.













1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I agree. He does look talented. I would've like to see those pics. Along with all the others I mean to take!