Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Not So New Red Shirt

I don't know about you, but when I'm trying to lose weight, I normally have a goal shirt, or goal pants. I have a love/hate (mainly hate) relationship with the scale--it never seems to reflect the work I put in. So, I gage my success by my clothes, and the occasional session with the measuring tape.

Several months ago I was shopping with my girlfriends and found a cute red shirt, on sale for something like $4. Well, come on people--$4? Of COURSE I bought it, regardless of the fact that it was a little...snug.

Every few weeks I'd try on this red shirt to see if it was less frightening to wear. Today, I needed something to wear with a skirt to teach, and on a whim tried on the red shirt. And finally, after months of trying it on and rejecting it in utter disgust, I left it on. That's right--my not so new red shirt, my goal shirt, is now WEARABLE!

Is a toast, I lift a peanut butter cup to you, friends. May all your goal shirts be loose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on fitting into the red shirt!!! Red makes me feel SUPER special, so I bought a red coat today. And there's absolutely nothing like wearing red heels either!

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! Go, you good thing!