Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me! Monday Again...

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's Monday morning, and you know what that means. Well, actually, this week it means two things: Not Me! Mondays, and the unveiling of my big secret announcement at the end of this post. Check out MckMama at My Charming Kids for the ultimate Not Me! Mondays. She's the one who started it all, plus you can check out other bloggers who participate.

Wiggle Man decided to help me out this week, and give me one right off the bat:

This week I did not...

*let Wiggle Man play with an almost empty roll of toilet paper so he would stop playing with other unmentionables in the bathroom. That was not just this morning, and I did not just have to pick shredded toilet paper up off the floor. I am not thinking about how much of that he actually ate before I noticed.

*Speaking of Wiggle Man, I did not have to buy him shoes from the kids' section, as opposed to the baby section because his feet are now too big for baby shoes. I do not see that as a trait passed down from Hubba Hubba's family. I do not tell everyone this.

*I do not (secretly or otherwise) laugh at Wiggle Man's temper tantrums. I certainly do not find it amusing to see his adorable little face scrunched up while he rolls around on the floor, kicking his little legs for all he's worth. I also do not think it's cute when he cries. What kind of mother would that make me?

*I am not waiting until this post is finished before I change Wiggle Man's diaper. Even though it's smelly.

*I have not been staying up late watching the World Series. I am a responsible adult, and go to bed at a decent hour, especially when I have to get up early. To lead worship.

*I did not eat two brownies, two pieces of cornbread, and countless M&Ms last night in addition to the chili I had for dinner. I did not tell myself that "at least I had salad, too." Nope.

*I was not late to a music lesson this week because I got caught up reading a book. I did not breathe a sigh of relief to discover my students had been late, as well.

Those are my big confessions for the week. Or, non-confessions, more accurately. It's very freeing--check out MckMama's blog to see how to join in the fun!

And now....

Here it is. The Big Secret Announcement. I had no one guess what my actual secret was. Weeksie50 attempted a guess at the prize, so Weeksie--I'll give you part of the prize, if you want it! Email me your address, and I'll send a BabiesRUs gift card your way.

I had been hoping to wait until this was definite, but I just can't hold it in anymore! Hubba Hubba and I are hoping to move to Kenya sometime in the new year! We have been asked to come and minister to college students, as well as help run an English service. The pastor is a man I met on a previous trip to Kenya. Hubba Hubba has been there to meet the people we'd be working with, see the town and the college, and get a feel for what life would be like over there.

We're pretty excited about the opportunity, as you might imagine! However, it's not definite yet, as we still need to get a supporting church (something the denomination wants us to have) and raise funds. If you're a praying person, prayer support is something we could really use right now! We'd love your prayers as we work with our church to hammer out the details, raise our support, and keep discerning God's will in all this!

5 comments:

Sky said...

Yay surprises!!!

You know I wish you all the best in Kenya...and of course, you are always in my prayers!

I just want your addy when you do move there. I'd really like to be able to ship something to Kenya! :)

Hugs!!

Stacy said...

I found your post under MCkMamas blog. Congrats on going to Kenya!

Prachar family said...

Wow, Kenya! How exciting! We are a missionary family God called all the way to...Venice Florida! Some get called to Tibet, some to Florida...luck of the draw! Seriously, I will be praying for you! We spent a CRAZY 2 1/2 months raising support and were BLOWN AWAY at God's provision and faithfulness in that time. It will always be remembered as an amazing time in our lives! But it was also stressful, so I will pray for protection from the enemy as well!
Travis

Amie said...

WOW! what an announcement!!!

Blessings to you and you will have my prayers!

:)
AMie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

3 Bay B Chicks said...

What very fun Not-Me's today. I have been to your blog before, but had to take a moment to comment before I left today. I can completely relate to the scene that took place in your bathroom this morning. I must believe that paper products, in small doses, do not harm children. I must believe this because, if I do not, I am in a heap of trouble! LOL.

I also love how your child's tantrums make you giggle. It makes you a great, and very human, mother.

Absolutely fantastic that you will be in Kenya next year. Congratulations to you and your family.