Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time to...Grab a Shoe! (Preferably Someone Else's.)

Yes, kids, it's that time again. This is the part of the show where I display various bugs, in honour of my roommate, whose shoe I used all those years ago to kill that giant spider in our dorm room. Seriously, friends...it was 'sgusting. So, without further ado, I bring you: Bob.



We discovered Bob on our trip to Kenya in '06. One morning, after a particularly heavy rain the night before, we arrived to work and found him there, quite comfortable in the mud. The quarter, of course, is not Bob's. We put it there for context, because Bob is THE HUGEST SLUG we had ever seen. Up til that point. Because, apparently, that's the normal size for African slugs.


In retrospect, Bob should have used the quarter to make a quick phone call, or at least used it for cover, because within minutes of this picture being taken, Bob was squished. Poor Bob.


Don't even get me started about the termites there. That's for another edition of Grab A Shoe, Preferably Someone Else's! (To re-visit previous episodes, check out my Yucky Bugs.)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually looks kind of small.

Jenn said...

I don't even WANT to know how big they really get then!